Sunday, January 25, 2015

Eggs in Sweet N Spicy Tomato Gravy

"For last year's words belong to last year's language and next year's words await another voice"

Don't know where I read this but this quote surely sums up my resolution to make a resolution list every year. Can you blame me? It's that time of the year when I start making a "My Resolutions for the year" list. Fervently I pile the do's and don't while silently promising to myself that every thing on the list will be struck off. And boy, I go about flaunting the list below refrigerator magnets, above the bedpost (yeah!) and yes even on the bathroom door. 

But sadly the only thing that ever gets struck off is a promise to never make such lists:D

What would be on the list's you ask? Many things: for starters, to put more time in the kitchen(I sort of hate it) if only to blog about it. Not that I am not cooking anything; but hardly anything is blog worthy. Another point is my photography skills(?!) have gone rusty as my wielding the camera is almost next to nothing. Yeah I do need that resolution list even if it is going to make me stick to it only for a couple of months.


Anyways, I have consciously made an effort to break my no blogging spell with this lip smacking egg gravy. Though, to be truthful, the dish screams "hubby's touch". What was I doing? Well, I was waltzing around him and giving my valuable inputs :D


{ Serves: 3-4, Prep Time: 20 mins, Cooking Time: 20 mins}

What's in it :- 
  • Onions - 300 - 350 gms {finely chopped}
  • Tomatoes - 200 gms {finely chopped}
  • Green Chillis -  2-3 {finely chopped}
  • Garlic - 5-6 pods {finely chopped/to taste}
  • Eggs - Medium sized - 8 {hard boiled and peeled}
  • Curry Leaves - few
  • Coriander leaves - a few sprigs {finely chopped/finely chopped}
  • Turmeric Powder - a pinch
  • Fennel Seeds - 1 tbsp
  • Asafoetida - 1 pinch
  • Chilly powder - 1 pinch
  • Salt - To Taste
  • Sugar- 1 tbsp
  • Mixture of Ghee, Coconut Oil and Refined Oil - 2 tbsp 

Here's how:-


In a kadai add the oil mixture and as it warms up dunk the peeled eggs and sauté it till golden brown. Set aside after puncturing it with a fork. In the same pan, add the fennel seeds, curry leaves, then the onions and sauté well. Then add the garlic and green chillies and sauté till the raw smell goes away. Next, add the turmeric powder, asafoetida and chilly powder, sugar and sauté till the raw smell goes away. Let the entire mixture turn a dark brown. Add water if required to avoid the mix sticking to the bottom of the kadai. Now tip in the chopped tomatoes and sauté well. Add water if required to make a semi gravy finally add the golden brown eggs. Bring it to a boil. Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve hot accompanied by phulkas, chappaties or paranthas.

Enjoy your meal as we did!

10 comments:

  1. Yummy egg curry. Loved it. Sounds a bit different. Will do prepare...Thank u for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its been ages that I have visited you. How are you ?
    Love teh curry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am visiting many blog {which i regularly followed} after a long gap and looks like many of us are on "no Blogging Spree". But good to be back and hope to see you back soon.
    Am back into blogging after a long gap, and have moved to a new space. Do drop in whenever you have time, my new address is runnergirlinthekitchen.cucumbertown.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey. Thanks for the post, it's really helpful for all of us, bloggers, who wish that our site becomes visited by as many people as possible.

    ReplyDelete