Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cheesy Bread Rolls

Diwali with all its hype and hoopla was celebrated with pomp & splendour. My home came alive on this festival of lights with earthen lamps lit all over the place & bursting of noisy crackers. Binging on sweets & savouries, was another highlight. My in-laws are holidaying with us and the festive spirits went a notch higher. It also means that I am neck deep in work and hence have been actively ignoring the food blog, though the hearth is afire. Thanks to Radhika's Blog Hop, my blog is seeing some action. A new edition and a different set of bloggers has me excited.This month's Blog Hop partner is Neha who pours her heart out @ From my heart. I so loved her space with a lot of stunning bakes and also her travel musings. Due to lack of time, I zeroed on this easy and tasty snack that got a lot of applause. A few minor changes satisfying our taste buds was done to this hearty eat.Incidentally, my mother-in-law told me that this snack used to be my hubby's favourite as a kid.




What's in it :-

  • Cottage Cheese (Paneer) - 1cup - grated/mashed
  • Boiled potato-1 cup - mashed
  • Grated carrot- 1\2 cup
  • Grated cheddar cheese- 3 tbsp -to taste
  • Green coriander-2tbsp - finely chopped
  • Onion- 1 large- finely chopped
  • Salt - to taste
  • Garam masala- 1\2 tsp - to taste
  • Chopped Green Chillis -2 - finely chopped - to taste
  • Bread slices- as required
  • Oil to fry

Here's How :-


Mix all the ingredient for the stuffing well. Make equal sized balls from the mix and roll each ball into a small cylinder.Trim the borders of the bread slices.Dip the slices in water and squeeze nicely to remove extra water.Keep one cylinder in the center of the slice and  fold the slice to cover the filling.Now keep squeezing and shaping the roll, keeping in mind to cover the filling nicely; other wise it will come out while frying. Else oil will be filled inside the roll.If the roll is broken at some place , take a small piece from another slice and cover it.Deep fry the rolls till golden brown
Serve hot with ketchup and savour it with a steaming cuppa !

Enjoy this crispy, crunchy treat!

27 comments:

  1. WOW Priya these cheesy rolls look so scrumptious...perfect with evening tea and wonderful crust colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!,Perfectly made Cheese Rolls Dear.Luv the recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice and crispy... My fav from childhood too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Priya.....Glad that you liked the rolls....Following you dear...Keep visiting me too....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super crispy bread rolls, tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Priya, hope you had a memorable Diwali. The rolls would have been a winner for sure!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the cheesy bread rolls. The hit is the cheese here which I love the most.

    ReplyDelete
  8. one of my fav snack...looks super delicious

    ReplyDelete
  9. great looking rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks just sooo yummy! Will def try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bread roll looks so inviting and crispy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mom used to make this for us when we were kids.....Brings backs memories....and BTW....late at night I read CurryLeaf's comment and prepared the 7 cup cake from ur blog and linked it for BlogHop...Please check this one....http://momscorner.blogspot.com/2011/11/7-cup-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my fav. Looks very crispy and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. loved the recipe and boy it looks crispy and perfect snack :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is such a perfect snap and snack too. Love to have this for the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  16. cheese bread rolls looks so so so yummy.,,,,,wow,,lots of cheese..good one..

    ReplyDelete