A very touching video on you-tube celebrating the spirit of Independence Day had me hooked - while the video is 4 years old, the message evergreen !
Happy Independence Day
As India celebrates her 65th year of Independence let's pledge to value INDEPENDENCE & FREEDOM in its truest sense -
- Courage in face of adversity
- Not to take freedom for granted
- Peace all around
- To be sensitive to the feelings of fellow humans &
- Truth to guide & show the way
What's in it :-
For the Saffron colour :-
- Tomato - 3
- Orange Colour - a pinch or two !
For the Green Colour :-
- Mint & Coriander leaves - a fistful
- Green Chillis - 3 to 4 - to taste
For the flat bread :-
- All Purpose Flour - 3 small cups
- Baking Powder -1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp
- Salt - to taste - for the 3 doughs
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp
Blanch the tomatoes and remove the skin. Puree it finely and set aside. Puree the greens & chillis to a fine paste adding very little water if necesary and set aside.
Knead the 3 doughs separately.
- For the saffron/orange colored dough add the flour, the tomato puree, baking powder, salt & sugar, oil & knead a fine dough.
- For the green coloured dough add the flour, the green paste, baking powder, salt & sugar, oil & knead a fine dough.
- For the white dough add the flour, baking powder, salt & sugar, oil & knead a fine dough.
Preheat the oven to 170 C .Take a small ball of each of the dough ,and place it together ; spread across as a flat bread . Bake them for 10 minutes or till it is cooked.
Cut in to strips and serve with chutney/sauce.Enjoy !