I made myself a hearty bowl of watermelon and assorted items salad that was so filling and a fun way to watch the finals of the Cricket World Cup! The huge bowl finished in no time and was enjoyed thoroughly. The spectacular win by the men in blue further heightened the excitement and the i decided to make it the following day. A bowl of cut watermelon was given a nice makeover by adding leaves of Chinese cabbage & mint, onion, pitted olives and shavings of mozzarella cheese. Sesame seeds,olive oil and pepper joined the party to create a wholesome dish .
- Watermelon - 1 bowl (seeds removed & cut in to chunky triangles)
- Chinese Cabbage - 2 to 3 leaves (washed & sliced roughly)
- Fresh Mint Leaves - a fistful (chopped roughly)
- Onion - 1 (very thinly sliced)
- Lemon - 1
- Black Olives - a fistful (pitted)
- Pepper Powder - to taste
- Mozzarella Cheese - to taste (grated)
- Olive Oil - 1 to 2 tbsp
- Sesame Seeds - a fistful - to taste
Once the watermelon is cut in to chunky pieces refrigerate it for a little while and in the meantime ready the other items for the salad.
To the cut melons add the pitted olives and the roughly chopped greens. To it add the very thinly sliced onions and dribble in the juice of a lemon. Dribble in the olive oil and add the required pepper powder.
Add the sesame seeds to give it that crunch and finally shave in the cheese.