- Bottle gourd - 1 small
- onion - 1/2 (finely chopped)
- Green chillies - 3 to 4 - to taste
- Salt - to taste
- cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Chana dal (Bengal Gram) - 1/2 tsp
- Urad Dal - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - a few
- yogurt (Curd) - 1 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves - a few sprigs (finely chopped)
Wash,peel and chop the bottle gourd into small pieces.
In the same pan add some oil and when its hot add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chana and urad dal. when they turn brown add curry leaves and finely chopped onions and green chillies.
When the onions become transparent add bottle gourd pieces and take off flame. Transfer it to a bowl and let it cool.
Whip up the yogurt and add some salt. Mix well with the bottle gourd. Garnish with Coriander leaves !
Serve with roti or rice. Enjoy !