- Cottage Cheese (Paneer) - 250gms
- Bell Pepper - 1
- Onion - 1
- TOmato - 1
- Green Chillis (chopped ) - 3
- Ginger (grated ) - a small piece
- Garlic (finely chopped ) - 4 to 5
- Sour Cream or Thick curd - 1/2 cup
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp - to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chana Masala Powder - 1 tbsp
- Salt - tot taste
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves - for garnish
Keep the ingredients ready !
Soak the cottage cheese in hot water for 10 minutes. This removes impurities if any and them cube it to small pieces.
Heat butter in a pan and suate chopped onions along with ginger, garlic and green chillis. Once the onions turn translucent, add sliced capsicum and cook for a few minutes.
Add coriander, red chilli, turmeric and chana masala powder and saute till the spices merge with the mix.
I usually add Everest Chana Masala Powder, for this dish i used a home made chana masala powder (recipe will be posted shortly) along with a little store bought powder
Add tomatoes and cook till oil separates. Now add thick curd and stir well
Add paneer, salt and mix till the cubes of paneer are well coated. Add little milk or water if the gravy is too thick. Let it simmer for a while and then garnish with coriander leaves.
This goes well with rotis, parathas, rice ! I served it with rice----