Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Eggless Choco Rolls

My son has started school and am one proud mom; 2 1/2 years has just vanished in a jiffy and my lil prince is ready for the long haul and all the adventures/struggles/accomplishments that come with it. I expected him to be a little teary-eyed and sniffy on the first day but was delighted when he cheerfully waved me off and sent sprightly air kisses ! All the stress & strains that accompanied his birth has disappeared in to thin air and it all seems worth it ! Time & Tide waits for none indeed !! Yup that also means I have a good 2-3 hours with me and for me --- guess who's sporting a biggggg :D

This week of Blog Hop Wednesday sees me paired with Vatsala  @ Show and Tell . I loved the versatile display of recipes and the well explained posts in her blog. She has an artistic streak in her, and the Crafts Corner page in her blog goes to showcase that. I had a few recipes in mind before deciding on this.




The choco rolls is a very easy breezy preparation and tastes yum. The kids loved it and am glad I tried this recipe




What's in it :-


For the Outer layer:-
  • Marie Biscuits (or any Tea Biscuits) - 1/2 packet
  • Cocoa Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
  • Sugar - 1 tbsp
  • Milk - as required to blend the dough
For the Inner layer:-
  • Dessicated Coconut (Dry Coconut) - 1/2 cup - as required
  • Cardamom Powder- a generous pinch
  • Sugar -1/2 cup - to taste
  • Butter - 1 to 2 tbsp

How :-

Powder the biscuits in a blender and add cocoa powder and sugar to it. Mix well and add milk little at a time to knead in to a fine dough. Set aside.
Combine all the ingredients for the inner layer to a sticky mix and set aside.
Now pinch a medium sized ball from the biscuit-cocoa dough and roll across thickly like you do for a flat bread/chapati. Spread the dry coconut mix all over evenly. Roll it to form a cylinderical shape and repeat the procedure for the rest of the dough. Wrap the cylinders separately in a cling wrap and refrigerate them for an hour.


Cut them it to half-inch wide pieces and serve chilled. Enjoy


Also Linking them to Kalyani's GFF -100
 


39 comments:

  1. loos delicious and yummy .......

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi priya....nice recipe...

    do participate in the Sunday Special event at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely recipe , Priya....mouthwatering too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks yum.. i recognise that brown bow :). nicely used..i really want to try this. however i dont hv dry coconut and vi is not fond of coconut in desserts..any idea what else will make a good filling?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum yum ...looks so delicious .....wish can have it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very tempting recipe - I adore anything with chocolate in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ ian- laks -gee, many things from what u have passed on has gone in to my possible blog props box !!! you can use powdered nuts (mix of pistachios and almonds) tell me how it goes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Choco & coconut paired together makes an excellent combination for me,and it is not at all time consuming.So it is a,"thumbs up" for this easy breezy yummy recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks delicious and very tempting dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The choco rolls are so delightful Priya! You know I've been wanting to try making my own version of 'Bounty' chocolate and your recipe looks like it..chocolate & coconut..yum! The process looks like a breeze too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful !! ChocoRolls look so wonderful and tempting !!

    Ongoing Event - CC-What's For Friday Dinner??

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, that roll indeed sounds easy peasy. It is so good to have some "me" time :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This indeed is a great recipe for chocolate lovers. I loved the fact that it uses milk instead of butter to bind the cookie and cocoa mix.And congrats on your kiddos milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Superb Duper delicious. I always love choco with coconut combo.

    Cheers,
    Uma
    My Kitchen Experiments

    ReplyDelete
  15. these actually are wonderful...delicious treat...check out...I made the same from Vatsala's blog...hey Vatsala u rock!!...a sure shot hit recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. the kid in me would also love that roll!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Choco rolls looks perfect, fabulous, yummy and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. very easy n simple choco rolls...bookmarked it...

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks super duper yummy! Would love a couple of rolls right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow!!so simple and easy to make and result is yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. delicious looking choco rolls... & to top eggless :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super simple one Priya. you have a given a Perfect gifting idea for Diwali.

    ReplyDelete
  23. o that's such a wonderful and easy way of making choco rolls....looks yummy and delicious.....good one..thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mouthwatering coco rolls.......Very nice clicks. I am drooling here.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome rolls. love the way u have prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Howdy! I understand this is sort of off-topic but I needed
    to ask. Does building a well-established website like yours require a lot of work?
    I'm completely new to operating a blog but I do write in my diary every day. I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my personal experience and
    thoughts online. Please let me know if you
    have any ideas or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners.
    Thankyou!

    My site; book of rah online

    ReplyDelete